2014 BFS Food Show Culinary Competition Recipe
Chef Charon McKenzie ~ Lyford Cay Club
Holy Smokes Spice Rubbed Pork w/Cauliflower and Potato Purée served with Sautéed Broccoli, Baby Carrot and Asparagus, Sweet Potato Ball accented with Hibiscus Reduction and Caramelized Rosemary Shallots
PROTEIN: Hormel “Always Tender” Pork Tenderloin
THIRD PLACE COMPETITION WINNER
Holy Smoke Spice Rubbed Pork
1 cup Badia® Holy Smokes Pork & Meat Rub
3 tsp Badia® cumin
2 tsp Badia® jerk seasoning
1 tsp sugar
2 tbsp roasted garlic seasoning
1 lb pork loin – try Hormel Always Tender®
salt to taste
1. Preheat grill
2. Mix seasonings together in a small bowl.
3. Season pork and grill for 5 minutes all over
4. Put pork in the oven to finish cook for 10 minutes on 350 degrees
Caramelized Rosemary Shallots
1 cup shallots
1/2 cups rosemary
2 tbsp sugar
5 oz butter
1/2 cup Restaurant’s Pride (Major) chicken base stock
1. Preheat saute pan
2. Saute shallots and rosemary in butter.
3. Add sugar and stock to saute pan and saute for 5 minutes.
4. When shallots sweat add to a blender and blend until smooth.
Cauliflower and Potato Puree
1 cup fresh cauliflower
1 cup stock
1 stick lemongrass
1/2 cup cooking cream
1. Boil cauliflower and potato in stock with lemongrass and until tender.
2. Put mixture in blender and blend until smooth.
1 whole stalk of ginger root
3 piece of star anise
3 pk pork stock
3 tbsp sugar
2 cups hibiscus coulis
1. Sweat ginger and star anise for 2 minutes.
2. Add hibiscus coulis and reduce for 3 minutes
3 Add pork reduction and continue to let reduction reduce for 5 minutes.
- DOWNLOAD RECIPE HERE
- VIEW MORE FOOD & PLATE IMAGES (Recipe Prep @ BFS)
- BFS Food Show
- BFS Food Show Recipes 2014
- ARTICLE: Holy Smokes! Badia Spices Introduces New Spice Rub