A handy chart to help you identify pork cuts. Find more detailed info online at pork.org
Courtesy of the National Pork Board, Des Moines, Iowa
This delicious entree could be your next crowd favourite, featuring succulent, juicy boneless pork chops covered in crispy breadcrumbs and panfried to perfection, then served with a simple dressing. Try getting a nice piece of pork, such as our Pork Ribeyes, to cut your own pork chops to order.
- 1 lemon, quartered
- 6 boneless pork chops (1-inch thick)
- 1 cup fresh breadcrumbs, lightly toasted
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon chopped flat leaf Italian parsley
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 3 extra-large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup plus 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 bunch arugula, stems removed
- 8 oz. baby heirloom or teardrop tomatoes, halved lengthwise
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
1. Combine breadcrumbs, basil, parsley and Parmesan in bowl of food processor; pulse until smooth. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
2. Using a meat mallet, carefully pound pork chops until they are uniformly 1/4-inch thick. Season pork chops with salt and pepper and dip them in beaten egg. Remove from egg wash and allow excess to drip. Dredge each chop in breadcrumbs and set on a plate.
3. Heat 1/4 cup olive oil in 14- to 16-inch skillet over medium heat until just smoking. Add butter and allow it to foam for 10 to 15 seconds. Place chops in oil and cook until light golden brown on one side, about 5 minutes. Carefully turn chops and cook until internal temperature reaches 145°F to 160°F, about 5 more minutes. Add more oil if necessary, 1/2 tablespoon at a time, to avoid scorching the breading.
4. Meanwhile, combine arugula and tomatoes in serving bowl. Add remaining 3 tablespoons olive oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper; toss to coat the greens.
5. Place one pork chop on each of 6 dinner plates. Divide arugula salad evenly between the plates, place a lemon wedge on each plate, and serve immediately.
Recipe by Smithfield Farmland
As the Holidays approach we will have limited shipping days for fresh fish delivery. As you plan your menus, please speak with your sales rep in advance so they know when they need to place orders and when they will be able to get orders. If you want something that is not on your normal order, of if you need a large amount of something, we will need advance knowledge of this order.
Order dates below:
- December 14th to arrive December 16th
- December 16th to arrive December 18th
- December 21st to arrive December 23rd
- December 28th to arrive December 30th
Great everyday prices on best quality beef, seafood and everything else needed for a show-stopping menu.
VIEW ALL Specials & Sales
- 8AM-4PM on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday
- Closed on Thursday, Saturday and Sunday
- Closed all Bahamian public holidays
Sysco Bahamas continues to follow all government protocols on servicing the public during the COVID-19 Coronavirus pandemic in 2020. Hours and security measures are subject to change based on circumstances.
Customers may enter the property to place and collect orders as normal, without having to have the order number in advance. To cut down on your wait time, it is still suggested that you order ahead of time if possible. If you have an account, please talk to your sales rep about delivery.
HOW TO ORDER
CASH & CARRY If you do not have an account the Wholesale Pickup Sales Department will be happy to assist. View the flyer below for contact information to put your order in ahead of time. Be sure to confirm that your order is placed.
ACCOUNT If you do have an account here at BFS, please contact your sales rep by telephone or email to put in your order. Delivery is suggested, but if you prefer to collect please ensure that your sales rep is aware
NEED HELP? If you have an account but cannot reach your sales rep, send an email to email@example.com and include your account #, your name and a telephone contact along with your order.
Our recent health safety measures remain in place, to control social distancing and protect our staff and customers.
✪ All customers entering the property must be wearing a mask
✪ All customers are subject to temperature check
✪ All customers must adhere to strict social distancing while on BFS property
Sysco Bahamas usually keeps regular business hours for pick-up and delivery of goods in Nassau, and delivers to the mailboat to service customers in the Family Islands. However, due to the Covid-19 coronavirus pandemic, we have had to make adjustments in order to meet government mandates, maintain internal protocol and properly service our customer to the best of our current efforts. Below is an outline of our normal business hours and ordering standards, in place up until March 2020.
REGULAR HOURS (see above for our current hours)
- Monday to Friday, gates open 8AM and close at 4PM for pickup
- Saturday 7AM-12PM
- Closed on Sunday
- Closed all Bahamian public holidays
Starting on Thursday, 5th November 2020, the entire Sysco Bahamas Food Services facility will be closed to the public on EVERY THURSDAY until further notice.
Thank you for your understanding as we continue to pivot and navigate through this international pandemic.