Bacon, fried egg, cheese and spinach sandwiched between two glazed donuts. A decadent twist on a classic breakfast sandwich that hits the mark for sweet and savoury.
- 4 slices Farmland® Applewood Smoked Bacon
- 4 glazed donuts
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 4 cups baby spinach
- 4 slices real Cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 large eggs
- BACON Place bacon in a cold skillet and heat to medium-high. Fry the bacon for 10 minutes, until the outside is crispy and brown. Remove and drain on paper towels.
- SPINACH Drain bacon grease from skillet and wipe the pan out. Use a bit of the bacon fat or add olive oil and heat again over medium-high heat. Add spinach, season lightly with salt and black pepper, then sauté spinach until wilted. Set aside.
- EGGS Melt butter in a small skillet over medium-high heat. Carefully crack 2 eggs into the pan and fry until yolk is done. Repeat with the other 2 eggs. Alternatively, wipe out the same pan used for the spinach and use it for the eggs.
- DONUTS Assemble sandwiches as follows: donut bottom, spinach, egg, slice of cheese, bacon, donut top.
- Take a big bite as soon as possible!