Our fleet of delivery trucks services the greater Nassau area six days a week, Monday through Saturday. There are no truck deliveries on Sundays or Bahamian holidays.
GRAND BAHAMA & FAMILY ISLANDS
BFS will deliver your order to the mail boat of your choice as long as you have an active account at BFS and your order is at least $300.
Orders can be placed Monday to Friday for delivery on the next scheduled boat departure. You are expected to place your order at least two (2) days prior to the boat’s scheduled departure. No boat orders will be accepted after 5PM on Friday.
If you require more immediate delivery, we can also offer “anytime” service by airplane to the Family Islands. Speak with your BFS sales rep to make arrangements for airplane delivery.
Map of The Bahama Islands
Mail boat schedules are subject to change based on weather, dock situations and just in general. You can get weekly boat updates by asking your BFS sales rep, or check the following links. BFS does not accept any responsibility for the validity of the information on these sites, and encourage you to contact your BFS sales rep or the dockmaster at (242) 393-1064 for accurate information.
- The MailBoat – delivery to Grand Bahama
- Bahamas Ferries – delivery to Eleuthera including Spanish Wells
- Dean’s Shipping – delivery to North and Central Abaco
- The Bahamas Guru – general delivery schedule
- Inter-insular Mailboat Schedule – PDF of general delivery schedule available on bahamas.gov.bs
- List of Registered Mailboats – Ministry of Aviation & Transport
AROUND THE WEB: Bahamas by mail boat: Can this unique tradition survive?
by Mark Stratton, for CNN | Published 7th May 2014