JOB TITLE: Inbound Warehouse Manager
REPORTS TO: Director of Operations
PURPOSE STATEMENT: Connecting the world to share food and care for one another.
This is an Operations position responsible for managing the activities associated with day
warehouse operations. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, managing order
selection, order loading, product stocking and replenishment, day operations equipment and
software inventory maintenance and repair, ensuring safety and security of day warehouse
operations and providing management and direction to day warehouse staff.
• Manages the daily work and safety of associates engaged in order selection, container
unloading, product replenishment, and order loading, to include all warehouse
functions, selectors, loaders, meat cutters/packers, and day forklift operators.
• Manages labor hours and consumable supplies within budget. Prepares work schedules
including extra workdays and shifts as needed.
• Manages the proper utilization of Company assets in support of the warehouse.
Coordinates required repairs with proper departments as necessary.
• Reviews day warehouse functions and various warehouse productivity reporting.
Suggests efficiency ideas, cost reduction measures and assists with the implementation
of changes within day warehouse. Identifies problems, proposes solutions to other
members of management and promotes cooperation with other departments.
• Conducts shipping and loading audits daily ensuring all required documentation is
accurately completed (including HAACP, food safety and catch-weight documentation)
and that material is handled and stored correctly with a minimum potential for loss.
• Assists with monitoring sanitation and facility/racking damage to ensure a safe and
• Maintains associate relations through regular department or pre- shift meetings;
maintains on-going interaction; keeps open communication channels with associates by
answering questions and explaining policies and procedures; monitors associate morale;
and submits and respond to ideas to improve associate engagement and enablement.
• Interprets trains and consistently enforces Company policies and procedures.
• Coordinates efforts with Safety department to aid in training, conducting associate
observations, updating preferred work methods, conducting accident investigations to
determine root causes, and routine safety inspections. Makes recommendations for
disciplinary action and/or behavior modification where required.
• Performs management functions of staff selection, development, discipline,
• Performs the duties of associates supervised and other related duties as needed.
• Complies with local, state and federal regulatory agencies (i.e. OSHA, AIB, FDA, USDA,
• Performs all other duties as assigned
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS:
• High school diploma or general education degree (GED); three – five years related
experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and related
• Two or Four year college degree in Business Management, Supply Chain Management or
similar major preferred.
• Must possess a valid Driver’s License and provide proof of liability coverage meeting
Company standards. Complete a Sysco approved defensive driving program.
• Obtain a Powered Industrial Equipment Certification
• Ability to work weekends when necessary
• Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals,
technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business
correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and
respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general
• Ability to add, subtracts, multiply, and divides in all units of measure, using whole
numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
• Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in
situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of
instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
• Demonstrate knowledge of Spreadsheet software and Word Processing software, and
ability to learn Sysco technology software and programs.
• Ability to successfully engage and lead individual and team discussions and meetings.
• Ability to apply all relevant policies in a consistent, timely and objective manner.
• Capable of working with peers and associates from other departments and shifts in a
proactive and constructive manner.
• Ability to work in a disciplined manner and capable of following established procedures,
practices and comply with local regulations.
• Reports to work promptly and regularly; works well with others; demonstrates the
ability to consistently meet deadlines
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
• The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an
associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job
• While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to talk or hear.
• The associate is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or
feel; reach with hands and arms and climb or balance.
• The associate is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The associate
must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color
vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Frequent lifting up
to 50 lbs;
• While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly exposed to wet, hot,
extreme cold and/or humid conditions; and moving mechanical parts. The associate
works non-traditional business hours including evenings, nights, weekends and holidays.
The associate may occasionally be required to travel to other Operating Companies or
the corporate office as business needs dictate (i.e. training, business continuation, etc.).
CORPORATE COMPLIANCE RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Understands and adheres to Sysco Bahamas compliance standards as they appear in the
Corporate Compliance Policy, Code of Conduct and Conflict of Interest Policy.
• Keeps abreast of all Company regulations, and policies as they presently exist and as
they change or are modified.
• Positive Attitude
• Excellent verbal communication
• Professional appearance
• Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment
• Good problem-solving skills
• Strong customer service orientation
• Communicate effectively with customers
• Ability to function well as part of a team