Make your signature cocktail sparkle with a deliciously crispy, flower scented sugar rim, and finish with a sprinkling of micro-basil. Microgreens and Edible Flowers add a special touch to your chef’s beautiful dishes.
Fresh Origins products are brought in weekly to Sysco Bahamas, but are not stocked – they must be special ordered in advance. Talk to your sales rep about ordering, or contact us to find out how to access these and many other products for your Chef’s ToolBox.
Read on for details and links on all the cool farm-fresh edibles available from Fresh Origins.
Fresh Origins grows the most extensive variety of Microgreens, Petite® Greens and Edible Flowers available under the highest level of food safety: GFSI, Global Food Safety Initiative. The company has been in business for more than 20 years. Available products are listed below, you can click on the name for full product info from the farm.
- Microgreens – Wide variety including micro versions of cucumber, basil varieties, mustard, radish, wasabi, mint and more
- Microgreens Mixes – 30 unique varieties
- Petite®Greens – A tiny bit better than regular microgreens, with more intense flavour. 125+ varieties including edamame, fava leaf, haricot, pumpkin, spinach and even Stevia™
- Petite®Green Mixes – 25 different unique Petite® Greens Mixes
- Shoots – 11+ varieties including gold edamame, gold haricot, squash, radish and a Golden Shoot Mix
- Edible Flowers – Edible flowers can be used in teas, mixed drinks, added to cheeses and butters, pancakes, vinegars and dressings. They can be a simple yet effective focal point on a plate. Edible flowers are often utilized in cake decorating, or simply as a beautiful addition to salads. They are used for garnish, colour, flavour, cocktails, including super tiny MicroFlowersTM and exciting varieties like SparklersTM and FireStixTM.
- Crystals ~ Herb Crystals®, Flower Crystals® and Fruit Crystals® – Beautiful micro-sized herbs, flowers and fruit blossoms encrusted with pure cane sugar, can be used for cocktail garnishes, as a tea sweetener or to enhance salads and desserts.
- Mini Crystals ~ Mini Herb Crystals®, Mini Flower Crystals® & Mini Fruit Crystals® – Featuring a finer granule size than regular Crystals, Mini Crystals® are perfect for creating distinctive upscale cocktails, making for crunchy, delicious glass rimmers. Available flavors are Basil, Cilantro, Mint, Ginger, Habanero, Fennel, Hibiscus, Rose, Cranberry and Pumpkin Spice.